Friday 4 April 2014

The Cat Speaks the Truth

The problem of letting everything on autopilot is that you forget about things and your "writer's career" ends like this:

lazy cat5
Credits: www.carloneworld.it. I hope the cat was not harmed during photo shooting


I received some kind letters asking me if I was going to continue with Julian's story and I frowned. "What? If it is quite finished," I said to myself. "I'm on chapter 20 or something."  There I realised that  I forgot to post more about this young man, his wolfdog and his employer. 

I'm sorry about that. I will post the missing chapters every Thursday from tomorrow onwards. All old chapters are under the tag "The Forgotten Ones" which happens to be the book's title. 

During Christmas I made a silly bet with one of the readers. All right, I'm allergic to sulphites (yes, that thing which every bottle of wine warns us against) but nothing was said about gin tonics. Maybe I drank a bit too much and we dared each other. “If you do this (impossible financial foe) I'll write TS3.”

The reader achieved it... and I pay my debts (though I swore not to write a third part). I had one plot, but it was rejected by said bet-winner. It seems people don't like that I set the action 20 years in the future or kill Guntram and Constantin, to centre everything around the children. “A seventy-five year old Konrad? You're nuts.”

So, all of them will be on board: Konrad, Guntram, the children, Constantin, Goran, Ferdinand and a long so on. The action will be set right after the last story of “Of Kindness and Compassion in Toads and Frogs”
I'm working on that one too.

Should I be naughty and offer chapters one and two to you? Perhaps they don't make much sense to the people who has not read the last tale of that book yet. 

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Tionne, The cat is plush kkkkkKK
    I be happy with the news
    Thanks
    VALL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, you can't imagine how happy that makes me! Not one, but two books to look forward to! I got far more than what I was hoping for. I will look forward to Thursdays from now on.
    And I would love reading the first chapters of The Substitute 3, but you're right, that's probably because I have already read the whole book , and read it again many times. However, if I'm not wrong, we're only one chapter away from the end now, so in any case, we shouldn't have to wait for to long...
    While I'm glad to hear that we we will get to hear again from Guntram, I had gotten used to the idea of meeting the children, Konrad and Goran again two decades later, so I will have to get used to this new setting. But I'm sure this book will be as interesting as the previous two, I'm not worried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great TS3!!! I can't wait to hear something new from Guntram. I also think that TS3 20 years in the future would not work. I'm not a great fan of shifting the persepective to new or other characters. I like Guntram and co. in the here and now. I like the dynamic between the children with cute little Kurt (he's so clever ^^) . I'm curious how and story could continue with Constantin and Kostya.
    Now I'm waiting for the next Thursday to hear something new from Julian. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with the TS universe that I would have enjoyed seeing any timeline. Of course I am thrilled we have more time with Guntram, but I do hope one day you give us a glimpse into the lives and loves of the next generation of Lintorff men! :D

    Either way, what exciting news! And I am so thrilled to see how Julian is doing. Take care Tionne!

    -L.S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cool!! Two books out maybe this year - TS3 and Julian story. I cant wait for the releases.

    and I agree - 20 years later for TS3 is a little too much even for me...but hey who knows maybe there will be a TS4...depending on TS3 story plot...cliff hanger or a HEA end?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great !! So exciting ! I can't wait ! :))
    I miss Guntram so much !
    Thank you dear Tionne
    miles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!!!! This is the best news ever. Yay for the wonderful person who won the bet! I would completely agreed on having a couple of chapters of TS3 for us desperate readers. Thank you Tionne!

    Thuly

    ReplyDelete
  8. TS3 and more Julian??!! the best news I've heard since for so long. Thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gracias a dios, ya yo estaba pensando que estaba loca. Estoy totalmente pérdida en el blog desde Navidades cuando nos regalaste los restante capítulos del TS2. Leí estoy mi mente se fue de vacaciones y no entiendo nada! Necesito una leyenda, se que en el blog está TS1 y TS2 además tenemos pequeñas historias dentro de esos mundos apartes. Pero ahí me pierdo y no se nada mas, auxilio!

    ReplyDelete