Thursday 9 June 2011

Jacques & Luitpold

No one ever imagined that a little teddy bear like Jacques could make such a mess in such a short time. So here it is the culprit's picture.


Jacques

No wonder that Konrad was so jealous of him; Jacques is certainly cute and keeps himself in good shape  despite his age. This model was created in 1909 by the German firm Steiff, hand stitched mohair, stuffed with wood shavings, with boot-button eyes (not really a toy by modern standards) and fully jointed. It was the object of desire of many children as the price was certainly high (about a full week's salary of a worker) The original has been with de Guttenberg Sachsen family since 1915, well loved and cared.

His tie is at the dry cleaners and he is 40 cm. long.

Poor Luitpold didn't have such a good life and needed to visit the "teddy bears' hospital" a few years ago. His owner used to drag him by the ear all over the house. He is a model created in 1908 and has a growler (didn't help him though) He is 46 cm. long, stuffed with wood shavings and very soft cream mohair skin. Hopefully Konrad will look after his bear better in the future.

Luitpold

5 comments:

  1. They're so cute! So adorable! ♥ ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I think I'm in love! ♥

    Jacques is such a cutie! *squeezes Jacques* My favourite, though, has to be Luitpold (an adorable name), with his somewhat gruffy appearance. Glad to know that the hospital managed to cure him of his owner induced ailments. *squeezes Luitpold* (Teddy bears are meant to be squeezed, after all.) ^____^

    And now I've these images in my head of TS visits Teddy Bear Land. X_x Guntram and Konrad with teddy bear ears! And button noses, of course! XD

    ...I really shouldn't be allowed near a computer after drinking so much coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Luitpold the most ! XD
    His face is funny...
    Thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I /loved/ the story of Luitpold :D It's cute to think of an adorable brooding Konrad dragging him around ^^; precious!!

    I don't know if you or your characters would even know about it (as in, I'm not sure if it's just an American store or not), but one of my favorite stores here in the states is the "Build-A-Bear Workshop." (I confess that I may have made myself a bear, a moose, and a bunny...but one was a gift I swear!! haha) It is adorable watching the children pick their own "friend," decide how soft or firm he or she will be, dress them up, and then name them :) I've never seen a child cry in those stores, it's just adorable to see! The teddy bear...what a wonderful creation :) It's creation is one of those beautiful instances of "zeitgeist" (at least to me haha), with both Michtom(U.S.) and Steiff (Germany) developing their own form of a stuff toy bear simultaneously :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha....I almost feel like Guntram's teddy bear should be Konrad's instead since it looks more scruffy. This is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete