Saturday 4 June 2011

Ilchester Place

Constantin knows how to live and where to find a good decorator for his house in London. However this time Luciana Dollenberg had nothing to do with it (no Pampa  or Gaucho style). As Guntram said once, it's eclectic and unconventional. The opposite to Konrad's pure Georgian style.

No wonder Olga Fedorovna wanted the house to herself. I think most of us would move in if someone would invite us. Constantin likes ample empty spaces and combining the past with the future.

The stairwell on the second floor that leads to the bedrooms. Have to be careful as Guntram could bump into you. This boy never looks where he is going.

The living room

Constantin's studio. Konrad is always sent there anytime he visits him. 

Kitchen, where our Guntram steals a muffin whenever he can.

No kitchen is really well furnished till you include a table for your bodyguards.

Constantin's bedroom but the crucifix has to go away soon.

The family room (former music room). Note that the pigs under the piano are a notorious artwork. You have to be very rich  or come from a noble  family to have them at home. Olga does not like them.

Guest bedroom on the top floor. Massaiev can not complain about his working conditions.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I certainly would love to live there :) never with kids though, too much white ^^; (I'd want to create assorted worlds for them to explore on the weekends, which would include copious amounts of arts and crafts haha they may say "washable" but I swear children have a magical power to turn any crayola into a toxic monster for any surface or fabric)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I just love Constantine's house. I'm serious but that is legit my style....my dream house "combining the past with the future". I know I was attracted to Constantine for some odd reasons. O_O;
    In a way, I totally understand why Guntram feels so out of place at Konrad's house since it's too "medieval" for my taste.

    P.S: I love that you're giving us a 'closer look' at Guntram's world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the piggies! *laugh*

    And I definitively like the house. Can perfectly understand why Mrs. Repin feels such jealousy towards dear Guntram. She gets the apartment, he gets this beauty. ^o^

    Plus, the kitchen! Don't even get me started on the kitchen. *dies of bliss* ...muffins, must bake muffins...

    Constantin's favoured style is so different from Konrad's prefered one. And although Konrad certainly has very good taste, I can't help but like Constantin's a tad more. It feels less oppressive, me thinks... Although that might be because Constantin is a less repressed character than Konrad, who was brought up amid innumerable restrictions (he was expected to become the Griffin, after all), while Constantin has always done as he pleases.

    Now I have an image to go with Constantin's, "The house in London will be perfect for him". It's undoubtely a very peaceful place for a very peaceful boy.

    ReplyDelete