Wednesday 20 July 2011

Closed for Holidays

It's official. I am going holidays for a month to Germany; to the Lintorff's original land; Mecklemburg Vorpommern. The people wondering what can be there that it is so good, I will tell you: hotels with "Kinderbetreuung" (child care). A wonderful invention for stressed parents; on some magical days, you leave your little one in the morning -with other 15 more- and the child is returned in the afternoon in one piece, happy and carrying something made of clay, an Indian crown, a paper plane, an ashtray (no, that not. It's forbidden to smoke everywhere, so let's leave it as a box or a basket for keys) that you have to carry back and treasure for some time; a small price to pay for a few hours of peace.

Konrad was "born" there as well as Marcial, so who knows who else may come back in the bag. I'm taking with me The Substitute- Book 2 and hopefully will get some more done.

Around mid-August, there will be a new story posted in the blog with Konrad and .... Roger starring. Higashi and Yimin have helped me a lot to fix the story and I'm very grateful to them.

I have a Twitter account (Tionne Rogers) and I update it now and then -too shy to share my life with the rest of the world- but it's good if you want to know what I'm up to.

The Substitute Book 1 -the one we all know- is down from Lulu and in the proficient hands of Stacey for a real fixing. The book will be re-formatted and published again as paperback novel and Ebook (Epub file with DRM) after September in Lulu and Amazon.com later.

We'll see each other in September. Enjoy the summer!!!

Even Konrad is gone away for holidays

5 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm happy you're deciding to go on holidays! Going to Germany sounds amazing and that is a lot of dedication from you to take the book along with you to work on it. As for the new story about Konrad and Roger....whoa! O_O; That is so exciting. Also, for the possibility of the Substitute being on Amazon....yay!!!! I have a kindle so it'll be amazing for me to be able to carry it around now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you a relaxing holiday!

    Did Konrad has a house in Mecklemburg?
    You may consider to look for an appropriate property for our Duke!

    If you will be in Hamburg, let me know and I will buy you a big drink and a big dinner! :-)

    Cathy (yoshi)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The childcare in hotels sounds wonderful!! :D enjoy your vacation! I know I've been enjoying mine ^^; and treasure those ashtray/baskets haha ;) my poor parents had a room full of my crafts!! I was so proud of that room, until I realized no one who came to visit us would see all my "masterpieces" lol...that was a sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really made me laugh L.S. but unfortunately the only thing worth stealing is a life size plastic cow at the hotel's entrance called Riesi. My son loves it.
    Konrad has a house (in very bad shape) in Günstrow.
    *Hugs*
    Tionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete